Class Dojo is a great classroom management tool that is fun for students and teachers! You can customize the "Positive" and "Needs Work" skills for your class or your subject. In my case I would be using it to manage behaviour during our yoga practice. I create a sample Class Dojo to test out how this resource would work in a possible classroom!
I customized my sample Class Dojo and created some possible "Positives" like on task, helping others, and trying new poses that I would use to encourage my students to engage in these behaviours.
I also customized some "Needs Works" like being unsafe and not participating that I would use in my class to discourage students from engaging in these behaviours. These behaviours would not be acceptable in my classroom and would not benefit the student or their peers. That is why I assigned these behaviours as -1.
This tool is extremely helpful, especially for young students, because they can directly see which behaviours are desirable and which behaviours they should avoid. This resource can be used off of a computer, tablet or a phone, which makes it very easy for the teacher to update the Dojos frequently. This resource can be used for everyday classroom management and can also be shared with parents!



No comments:
Post a Comment